Wednesday 5 December 2012

Teeny Tiny Yoda

Being on holiday until the beginning of February 2013, I'm trying my best to get as much done and made as possible. I'm terrified that I won't be able to take all of my crafting stuff with me when I go into a university residence next year. I'm also trying to write more tutorials of the things I make, rather than just finishing crafts - it's always fun to share the pattern for something I've enjoyed making.

On that note, here is one of my most recent crafts - a teeny tiny felt Yoda keyring.


It was a pretty quick project to make - it can easily be finished in a single afternoon - and I think he turned out super cute! I hand-stitched the whole thing, so you won't need a sewing machine to make this. I mostly just used scraps of felt, so it's a great stash-buster kind of project that costs almost nothing to make. He's 4.7cm tall.





I drew up the pattern while I was making him, which you can find along with the full tutorial over on my post on Cut Out + Keep. This is a perfect geek-gift, with Christmas so nearby.

I'm thinking of making another slightly larger one as a normal plushie, but I'm not sure I'll have enough green felt, so we'll have to see.

Also: it's already December. I mean, I suppose everyone knows that, but it scarcely feels so. This year has flown by, and the summer weather still seems to be taking its time - it was pretty cold this evening, when it's usually warm by this time of year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment